Pages

Monday, September 28, 2009

JACKSON HATED THRILLER ALBUM


MICHAEL JACKSON considered quitting work on his iconic 1982 album THRILLER - because he thought it "sucked".
In newly released tapes, obtained by Britain's News of the World newspaper, the King Of Pop revealed he broke down in tears because he thought the record's sound was "c**p".
Jackson was unhappy with the Quincy Jones-produced album - and even told pals he didn't want to release it.
In the recordings, Jackson is heard saying, "Thriller sounded so c**p. The mixes sucked. When we listened to the whole album, there were tears... I just cried like a baby. I stormed out of the room and said, 'We're not releasing this'."
But a visit to a local school playground convinced Jackson to change his mind.
He added, "One of the maintenance crew in the studio had a bicycle and so I took it and rode up to the schoolyard. I just watched the children play. When I came back I was ready to rule the world. I went into the studio and I turned them songs out."
The album has sold more than 100 million copies worldwide.

No comments:

Post a Comment