Pages

Monday, October 31, 2011

(BackStory) My Encounter with Chika Ike

Was at the Nnamdi Azikwe International Airport lounge on the 8th October, 2011 working on my laptop on, suddenly a tall lady in shades in a ruggedly designed black jeans (see through on the left thigh, which she wore in the movie "Above Implication" when she & her outlaw crew were being chased by the police men) walked up towards my direction and sat in the seat in front of me. She was making calls on her Blackberry, i guess she came to see someone. Then i suppose her driver came and sat beside her.



I kept staring for close to 2 minutes lookiing to quench my suspicions that the face looked familiar. I wasn't sure cos she looked lighter than she did in movies. Looking around, i saw a couple look towards herr direction, so i knew she must be the one. So I said "Chika" silently twice hoping to get her attention but she didn't. Guess she didn't hear me.



So I moved over to her with my laptop in my hands and asked "Sorry, are you Chika Ike?" She nodded and answered "Yes". Then i said "I've been staring at you since cos i wasn't sure". She then replied "Yeah its me". I then asked "How're you doing?" She replied "I'm good". I then thanked her for her time and sat back on my seat.



Back at my seat, i was contemplating whether to ask her for a picture wouldn't be too much after the intial conversation. Then i decided to turn back on my system to show her one of my many scripts i had previously hoped she will feature. While it was booting, her visitors arrived and she stood up to welcome them. Her guests included Nollywood actress like Rukky Sanda, Ebube Nwagbo, and 2 other unidentified ladies. The amazing thing is that they all look taller than they do in movies.



Later while reading the newspaper, i discovered she was said to be in a relationship with the senate president David Mark who supposedly funded her boutique project in Abuja. SO i guessed she must have been avoiding the press. Anyway, she has me to thank for not blowing her cover. I later did one silly thing after they all left, I went over to the sit she stood up from and sat there. Why? I dont know. Anyway, to me this was a perfect send-forth for my NYSC as i was on my way home.

No comments:

Post a Comment