Pages

Sunday, January 1, 2012

2011 in Retrospect

In January, i had the opportunity of participating in the Voter's registration exercise and was posted to "Mallam Yero" an interior vilage in Taraba where i had to stay for over 2 weeks with someone special God sent my way who became my backbone.
In March, the major disaster was the 9.0 earthquake in Japan which caused a typhoon and an eventual release of radioactive substance causing more damage.
In April, i was priviledged of participating in the Election proper headed by Prof Jega, which was adjugded as the most free and fair election in the country.
In May, the man behind the September 11, 2001 World Trade Center attack, Osama Bin Laden was captured and killed in a secret US mission after 10 years of rigorous search.
In July, i lost a close friend and student of mine during the service year, Doko Aondofa In October, I completed my NYSC and returned home.
The painful thing was getting close to someone days before my departure, whereas i had been waiting for months to achieve that. I'll definitely miss my peeps, all those who made the experience memorable, they know themselves.
As a result of the arab uprising, former Libyan leader of 42 years, Col. Mouhammar Gaddhafi was captured and killed by opposite rebel groups against his governement. This is none the less after fellow arab counterparts from egypt, yemen, kuwait, bahrain, syria had faced the same fate with some been ousted eventually.
The 2009 christmas day attempted bomber, Nigerian Abdulmutallab was tried in court, with his sentencing in 2012 where he faces multiple counts charges and eventually life imprisonment.
In November, Michael Jackson's personal physician, Dr Conrad Murray was sentenced to 4 years imprisonment for his negligence in the singer's death back in 2009. Celebrities that passed away included american singer Nate Dogg and british singer Amy Winehouse.
Cupid caught up with me and the emotional side of me i never knew existed was unleashed, and it consumed me and left me defenceless. I hated this period, but no regrets whatsoever. Big thanks to Sixpence None The Richer who made my year with some exciting songs. (Kiss Me, Breathe Your Name & Don't dream its over).
I lost all my script and other write ups, this was devastating for me as i had to start what i had almost completed all over again. As of 31st of December, i've been trying to recover all my scripts. I'll get back at you on that one. I actually didnt get them back.
With me chatting up with celebrities like Osita (PawPaw) Iheme & Chika Ike and then sighting Chinedu (Aki) Ikedieze, Rukky Sanda, Ebube Nwagbo and a few others. Luvly moments were all this as i would join the rank someday.
No doubt this year was the most memorable and adventurous in my life, I figured out who i really am and what i want to be, who i want to be with. I also did some things i'm not so proud of, but i have 2012 to right all wrongs.

1 comment: